8.13.2009

C is for Cookie

While we bake a lot at our house, Thursday is our standing baking day. My son and I try to bake something different ever Thursday after school. We'll bake lots of different kinds of bread, brownies, tarts, but we really like to bake cookies. Today we went through our dessert recipe book and made a list of all of the cookies he would like to try to make, so that we never run out of ideas (and so I can prep ingredients beforehand) for our baking dates.

Apparently, I'm very enthusiastic about cookies, because while going over the recipes, my son asked me, "Why are you SO excited about cookies?!" Then when I was trying to convince him that we really should add the cappuccino chocolate chocolate chip with mocha cream filling cookies to our list, he looked at me with bewilderment and said "that's way too much chocolate!" I beg to differ. I've made them before, and think they're just the right amount of chocolate! YUM. You be the judge. Here's a photo of the last time I made them:


Here's a brief look at our list of cookies:
  • oatmeal chocolate chocolate chip cookies
  • gingersnap cookies
  • sugar cookies
  • double chocolate biscotti (because they're dunkable!)
  • snickerdoodles
  • chocolate chip snowballs
  • peppermint bark (ok, technically not cookies, but whatever)
  • peanut butter blossoms
  • midnight crackles
  • oatmeal toffee butterscotch cookies
  • gingerbread cookies
  • rugulach
  • chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies
Out of about 350+ cookie recipes, we had about 25 that we agreed we would both like. My own list would have, well, about 350+ different kinds of cookies I would like to make.

We also started discussing our holiday baking list today. What? I know it's still August. Don't look at me like that.

What are your favorite cookies to make with the kids?

2 comments:

Angela M. Russell said...

Chocolate chip cookies made using the recipe on the back of the Ghiradelli milk chocolate chocolate chips. We use smart balance 50/50 instead of butter and real vanilla. My 4 yo absolutely loves to put the ingredients into the bowl and watch the mixer mix them.

Stumble It!
Michelle said...

I want to come to your house on Thursday nights! YUM! All of those sound fantastic. My friend made some great ones that you should add to your list. White chocolate, pecan, cranberry added to oatmeal cookie dough. They were to die for!

Stumble It!