6.01.2009

It was good while it lasted


Taking vacation when you run 2 businesses is never an easy task. I was supposed to be on vacation from last Wednesday May 27th through tomorrow, June 1st. Well, new clients came in (hooray for new clients! but why is the timing always off?), requiring me to work all day & night last Wednesday after a 14-hour work day on Tuesday. Then Thursday my husband stayed home sick and my son stayed home for what was supposed to be a special birthday fun day. And then today, on what should be my day of solitude and peace, I've been battling my bank on business banking issues that really should have been resolved at least a year ago (grrr banks), making necessary appointments for my kids (that were supposed to be made last week), and dealing with technology issues (like none of my software works and I can't reply to any emails. it's great fun! grr...).

So in the end, what I really had instead of a nice, relaxing 5-day vacation, was 2.5 days at the beach with my family, which, as you know, can sometimes not be so relaxing but heck, I'll take it! I enjoyed at least one full day of Vacation, with a capital V. It was awesome. LOVED it. And I wish it didn't seem so long ago already...

At least, I made an attempt to take a vacation, and at least, I was able to spend the weekend with my family doing things other than our usual weekend housework and errands. And now, back to the grind...

5 comments:

Dejoni said...

Beach looks wonderful. Is this Cabo? Sometimes taking a vacation makes work much worse when you get home, but you need to take a break.

Stumble It!
alisag said...

I'm really glad you'll be taking a real vacation soon where work won't be able to creep in! Hope e's birthday was fab at the beach, and the weather cooperated this year!

Stumble It!
marlynn said...

Dejoni - It's actually Pacific City on the Oregon coast! I am sure they'd be so flattered that you thought it might be Cabo!

Alisa-I will be glad for that kind of vacation too :) it's the kind I can only achieve when out of the country! lol

Stumble It!
Here Forward said...

beautiful...I love the ocean! Someday I hope to get to that side of the country again. You sound busy, what kind of business are you in?

Stumble It!
marlynn said...

I run a creative studio called Urban Bliss Design (graphic design + public relations) and also a networking organization for mom entrepreneurs called Mamapreneurs Inc.

Stumble It!